Wed, Dec 11|
The UM BioPark Life Sciences Conf Center
Bmore NOMA: Baltimore Public Markets Panel Discussion
This is the first of future forums to engender discussion of issues within the environment & culture of Baltimore, by our members and network that are closest to the issues. The intent for this initial discussion is to place Baltimore's public markets within the context of...
Time & Location
Dec 11, 2019, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
The UM BioPark Life Sciences Conf Center, 801 W Baltimore St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
About The Event
Description: This is the first of future forums to engender discussion of issues within the environment & culture of Baltimore, by our members and network that are closest to the issues. The intent for this initial discussion is to place Baltimore's public markets within the context of life & development in the city proper, in addition to incorporating into the discussion the context of public markets in other cities, e.g. Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia, Findlay Market in Cincinnati, among others. This specific conversation will be interdisciplinary in nature, discussing the topic from a multitude of Baltimorean perspectives:
- architecture & urban design
- commercial development & operations
- historic redevelopment
- food justice & ownership
- public health and community engagement
The panel will be composed of five people: a current practicing architect, a recent Master’s graduate with thesis work/research at Hollins Market, an architect/operator of public markets in Baltimore, a public health professional/coordinator, and a restaurant/hospitality proprietor. We look forward to you joining the conversation!
- Robert Thomas, Executive Director, Baltimore Public Markets Corporation/Lexington Market Inc.
- Krystal Mack, Visual/Culinary Artist, In Absence Of Studio
- Barbara Bates-Hopkins, Community Engagement Coordinator | Director, Day at the Market Community Engagement Program | Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Jeremy Myers, Design Associate, Carballo Architecture
- Jerome Gray, Owner, Jerome C. Gray Architect, LLC
Schedule: Discussion/Q&A from 6:00-7:30 pm, approximately. Mingling/networking afterwards