Bmore NOMA: Student Portfolio Design Competition
Time & Location
About The Event
The National Organization of Minority Architects has historically sought to promote and encourage design excellence within the design profession. As a professional organization Bmore NOMA wants to continue that legacy by elevating our budding talent. Students are formally invited to participate in the first Annual Bmore NOMA Portfolio Competition amongst their peers. Students will submit a final portfolio in PDF format, guidelines provided below. Students may showcase diversity in their design work (academic, professional, and extracurricular). The portfolio will be scored by regional professionals and members of the Bmore NOMA board on the following categories:
- Visual Communication - Is the content clear? Can reviewers understand the design intent and process without the author being present?
- Formatting - Is the organization clear? Is the graphic quality and layout strong?
- Designed Work - Is the quality of work/content, storytelling and graphics compelling?
- Open to 3rd & 4th Undergraduate and all Graduate students enrolled in the Morgan State School of Architecture and Planning
- Eligible majors - Architecture, Planning, Interior Design, and Landscape Architecture
- 1st place - $400 cash prize + up to $100 in printing reimbursement for high quality professional portfolios
- 2nd place - $200 cash prize + up to $100 in printing reimbursement for high quality professional portfolios
- Honorable Mention - Up to $100 in printing reimbursement for high quality professional portfolios
- All winners - Portfolios will be published on the Bmore NOMA website and shared in on the Bmore NOMA newsletter and social media platforms
File Size: Not to exceed 10 MB
- Page limit - 20 pages max (not including cover and back page)
- Page size limit - No larger than 9 x12 (8.5x11 recommended)
- Call for Entry - Nov 9, 2020
- Deadline for Entry - January 31, 2021
- Jury Review - Feb 2021
- Announcement of Winners/ Publications on website, newsletter, and social media - Feb 2021
- Prize Distribution - Feb 2021